UX and Interactive designer
- Passionate about usability and human computer interaction.
- Put the users at the heart of products.
- Come with diverse skill set of design, programming and entrepreneurship.
User Experience | Interaction Design | Lean UX | Wireframing | Prototyping | Usability testing | Personas | Experience Maps | User Flows | HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, Nunjucks, Node, PHP, MySQL
- Practice Lean UX and Hypotheses driven design.
- Work in an agile and highly iterative environment with collaboration from users, team and stakeholders.
- Highly skilled in transforming user needs into simple, easy to use interfaces. Apply lean methods to design, test and learn quickly. Able to prototype in code.
- Create scenarios and tasks for usability testing. Generate reports and present findings to the design and dev teams.
Nov 2018 – Present
Orange Bus, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
- Conducted stakeholder workshops to co-create storyboards, experience maps and concept designs.
- Concept design for iPad and desktop app for mobile workforce management systems.
- Interaction design for travel request/scheduling application.
Mar 2017 – Sep 2018
INET Software Solutions, London, UK
- With user research as the cornerstone, primarily worked on Government of UK projects with extreme attention to usability, inclusion and accessibility.
- Execute projects compliant to Government Digital Services (GDS) standards.
- Design the UX/UI on paper and digital wireframes.
- Prototype in code with GDS prototyping kit built on Node, Nunjucks, JS, HTML and CSS
- Successfully passed the GDS service standards assessments in 3 projects.
Apr 2011 – Feb 2017
Founder and Principal Designer
- Embraced the capabilities of mobile and web technologies to create elegant digital products.
- Built a design and development team of 18 people from the ground up.
- As a tech entrepreneur, designed and built a super easy travel blogging app which was well received by the travel community around the globe.
- Introduced research based design processes at various client organisations.
- Planned, managed and executed UX for various client organisations belonging to diverse domains like Business Intelligence, Healthcare, Insurance, Travel and ERPs.
Aug 2010 – Apr 2011
Senior Interaction Designer
Symphony Services, India
- Translated the organisation’s vision in to designs of extremely easy to use Business Intelligence tools.
- Introduced Web 2.0 design concepts into products.
- Migrated the design from legacy form based UX/UI to interactive modern single page applications.
Feb 2010 – Aug 2010
Technical Specialist, Human Factors
Mindtree Wireless, India
- Designed UX of the camera application for Kyocera’s first touch screen phone.
- Designed camera applications for various non-touch screen phones of Kyocera.
- Converted the existing designs from feature centered to simpler user centered designs.
- Carried out surveys, interviews, UX designs and usability tests.
Apr 2008 – Feb 2010
Senior Interaction Designer
- Being the first employee in the UX department, I established a user-centered design process.
- Introduced and sustained the culture of prototyping in a non design organisation.
- Crafted UX for various healthcare applications like Pharmacy, Scheduling, Electronic Health Records, Chemotherapy and others.
And 2 more employments.
Self taught | Individual and team contributor | Creative | Process oriented | Passionate | Adaptive
Paper | Pencil | Adobe CS | Axure | Sketch | Freemind | Evolus Pencil | Invision Prototype | HTML | CSS | JS | Node | Nunjucks | Mustache | PHP | MySQL
Design | Photography | Sketching | Poetry | Hiking | Cycling | Running | Outdoors | Fitness
Awarded the Best Employee of the month, highest rated and 4 spot awards at iSOFT
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science) with First class from VTU, India in 2006
(British Honours degree equivalent)